My grandfather passed away recently, just two weeks ago. I would say he died of a broken heart.
He's been sick, but surviving for a very long time. But, I really felt he'd pass away after we told him that his wife of 70 years had also just died.
I wrote this application to honor my grandmother and the other women in my life. My grandmother had been suffering from Alzheimer's for the past 20 years. I want to honor her love for our family, her struggles, and the eternal bond that she shared with my grandfather. I also know that Alzheimer's affected her sister, and mother before her. Now, my mother and sister face it ahead for themselves.
I plan to donate 100% of the proceeds from this application to the Alzheimer's Association (www.alz.org) in order to further research into the causes and cures for this disease. I will be seeding it with an up front $250 donation out of my own pocket. I'll post monthly donations to the Alzheimer's Association here to match the application's revenues.
- That people who care may use music to relax Alzheimer's patients with music played on Android devices, which has been shown to calm them and aid in their getting rest and sleep in the evening hours. Thus, the term "Sundowning". http://www.alzfdn.org/EducationandCare/musictherapy.html
- Sleep Timer to mute the Media Volume. Caregivers can start music and let their patients get to sleep and turn off automatically later.
- Load music to your Droid, play it on the stock Music Player. Then, launch Sundowner and set a sleep timer.
- All donations are tracked online at: http://act.alz.org/site/TR/Events/Tributes-AlzheimersChampions?pg=fund&fr_id=1060&pxfid=40087
- 2012 May totals: $270
- 2012 June totals: $6
- 2012 July: none :(
- 2012 August: $2!!! But I can't donate an amount this small. I'll roll it forward for future sales :)
- 2012 September: Another sale :) +2$ = $4 so far. The alz.org page won't let me donate so small an amount. One more sale and I can donate!